Recently I had an interesting conversation with my client about Emoji in SQL Server. The question from my client was about is there any way he can name his database which contains smiley. Absolutely it is possible to create your database with any emoji or even display the emoji in your SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio)’s result tab.
The simplest possible way is to just type in emoji in the SSMS query window and run the query. It will display the image in the result tab. For example, if you run the following query you will get respective emoji in the results.
When you run the above code you will see the result as follows:
You can pretty much select any emoji from the site Unicode Emoji and display them in any of the object names in the SQL Server.
Similarly, you can also create the database with similar funny names.
CREATE DATABASE [????☹?????]
When you look at your SSMS, you will see the results which are similar to the following:
Yes, it is absolutely, possible to display emojis in SQL Server Management Studio.
Comprehensive Database Performance Health Check is my MOST popular service. Customers opt for this service when they face performance issues with SQL Server. Based on the complexity of your system, it can take anywhere from 2–4 hours to complete the entire exercise.
Here are six-part blog post series I have written based on my last 10 years of experience helping with the Comprehensive Database Performance Health Check. I strongly recommend you to read them as they walk you through my business model.
- Consulting 101 – Why Do I Never Take Control of Computers Remotely?
- Consulting 102 – Why Do I Give 100% Guarantee of My Services?
- Consulting 103 – Why Do I Assure SQL Server Performance Optimization in 4 Hours?
- Consulting 104 – Why Do I Give All of the Performance-Tuning Scripts to My Customers?
- Consulting 105 – Why Don’t I Want My Customers to Return Because of the Same Problem?
- Consulting Wrap Up – What Next and How to Get Started
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)