- Information We Collect. In operating the Website we may collect and process the following data about you (collectively, “Personal Data”):
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as when you register to download any software accessed through our Website (“Software”), receive information from SQL Authority or subscribe to any Website services;
- Details of your use of our Website or any Software, including visits to our Website and the resources you access, the number of times the Software is launched, the device IP address, the version of the Software used, Website traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communications data;
- Information that you provide in connection with any support or technical services for the Software;
- Information required by SQL Authority to (1) audit your Software usage for anti-piracy purposes; and (2) verify a valid registration
- Information about transactions carried out over this Website;
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- Use of Your Personal Data. The Personal Data that we collect and store is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you and to enable your access to and use of the Website and/or the Software. In addition, we may use the Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- To allow us to administer the Website;
- To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services;
- To improve our products and services;
- To personalize the Website for you.
Further, we may use your Personal Data, or permit selected third parties to use your Personal Data, so that you can be provided with information about goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your Personal Data was collected. If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the Website form on which we collect your data.
Please be advised that we do not reveal Personal Data about identifiable individuals to our customers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about those who visit our Website.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our Website.
- Storing and Protecting Your Personal Data. We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your Personal Data, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we collect online. SQL Authority operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the Personal Data provided by our customers. SQL Authority will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Data. SQL Authority will transfer and store all your Personal Data on secure servers which may be managed by third parties. Any Personal Data relating to electronic transactions entered into via this Website will be protected by encryption technology. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
The transmission of Personal Data via the Internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data sent to us electronically and transmission of such Data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site or any of our Software, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- Third Party Links. You may find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites may have their own privacy policies which you should review. SQL Authority does not accept any responsibility or liability for third party websites or the privacy policies referenced therein.
- Controlling your Personal Data. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Data in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website, follow the appropriate instructions to designate that you do not want your Personal Data to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
If you have previously agreed to us using your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by notifying us by e-mail at email@example.com.
If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any Personal Data found to be incorrect.
Pinal Dave is a SQL Server Performance Tuning Expert and an independent consultant. He has authored 12 SQL Server database books, 30 Pluralsight courses and has written over 5000 articles on the database technology on his blog at a https://blog.sqlauthority.com. Along with 16+ years of hands on experience he holds a Masters of Science degree and a number of database certifications.
For any SQL Server Performance Tuning Issue send an email at email@example.com .
Nupur Dave is a social media enthusiast and an independent consultant.