Comprehensive Database Performance Health Check
Comprehensive Database Performance Health Check is my MOST popular service. Customers opt for this service when they face performance issues with SQL Server. Based on the complexity of your system, it can take anywhere from 2–4 hours to complete the entire exercise.
During this exercise, we identify your performance problems and organize an action plan to resolve them. Most of the time we will get to the part where we start implementing fixes within the first 75 minutes.
Here are six-part blog post series I have written based on my last 10 years of experience helping with Comprehensive Database Performance Health Check. I strongly recommend you to read them as they walk you through my business model.
- Consulting 101 – Why Do I Never Take Control of Computers Remotely?
- Consulting 102 – Why Do I Give 100% Guarantee of My Services?
- Consulting 103 – Why Do I Assure SQL Server Performance Optimization in 4 Hours?
- Consulting 104 – Why Do I Give All of the Performance-Tuning Scripts to My Customers?
- Consulting 105 – Why Don’t I Want My Customers to Return Because of the Same Problem?
- Consulting Wrap Up – What Next and How to Get Started
When do you Need This?
It is recommended that you opt for this service if you are facing any of the following issues with your server:
- Application run slower
- Long running queries
- High CPU consumption
- Inefficient memory consumption
- Suddenly and abruptly getting slower queries
- Lots of deadlocks
- Frequent timeouts
- Database log file growing continuously
- Database backup slow or failing
- Out of date index maintenance
During this service, we will work together and do a comprehensive health check of your system and find appropriate solutions.
What is Included in the Service?
I will explain every single setting of your system in detail to you and your team, along with guidance on the ideal settings for the system. I also will give you All of the Scripts that I use for analyzing your system’s performance with any necessary explanation.
Once we are done with the performance tuning analysis, you will know where exactly you have a performance bottleneck and its potential solution.
Here is a brief list of activities which we will do for performance health check:
- Index Analysis
- Index Optimization
- Index Maintenance
- Server/Instance Level Configuration Check
- I/O distribution Analysis
- SQL Server Resource Wait Stats Analysis
- TempDB Review
- Database Files (MDF, NDF) and Log File Inspection
- Log Reviews (Windows Event Logs, SQL Server Error Logs and Agent Logs)
- DBCC Best Practices Implementations
I do not need any usernames or passwords or any other information about your system.
We will work via GoToMeeting where you will be always in control of your system. Every single change we do, or anything we need to deploy to improve the performance of your system, I will guide you how exactly do so. It is your server and you will be always in control. You need to know what all the changes are and how to undo each of them.
From helping over 400 different customers, I have developed a unique method where I can help you learn performance tuning concepts without taking control of your system.
Does the User get ALL the Scripts used During the Service?
You will receive every single script that we run during the service.
I will not take control of your system at all. I will send you all the scripts which you will execute while both of us are sharing the screen during GoToMeeting sessions. Based on the outcome, I will teach you what exactly to do to fix the diagnosed performance issue.
When I teach my customers how to do any performance tuning tasks, instead of doing it myself, I have observed that they get maximum return on their investment.
How Long Does it Take to Complete?
Maximum of 4 hours.
The entire Comprehensive Database Performance Health Check takes a maximum of 4 hours. I am sure you are wondering, ‘How can we improve performance in such a short time?’ The answer is very simple. I have worked with over 400 different customers on performance tuning issue and I have seen all sorts of things. I have solutions ready for 99% of the performance problems out in the world.
There have been instances when everybody believed SQL Server was the root cause of the slowness, but the real culprit was totally different (e.g. Corrupted disk, memory issues with Virtual Machine, etc.). In any case, we will figure out how healthy your SQL Server is during this exercise.
The best part is that most of the changes that we will discuss does not need any downtime or restart of the server. You can easily do this during your business hours without impacting your users.
Trust me – you want me to resolve your performance issues in the shortest period of the time, so you can spend time on things that are more important to you.
What is the Cost?
USD 3000 USD 2000 (33% discount till the end of this month).
The price is a fixed-rate price for the entire exercise and we will accomplish everything listed in the section ‘What is included in the service?‘.
What is the Guarantee of this Service?
When we get sick, we go to the doctors. We expect doctors to diagnose the illness and suggest a course of action to treat us. As a cure doctors usually prescribe medicine, give us diet plan or suggest a course of action to prevent the illness in the future.
It is exactly the same with databases. The slowness of your application can be either due to SQL Server or due to external reasons. We will figure out (diagnose) the root cause of the slowness. Together we will identify the root cause of the performance problems.
If your problem is related to SQL Server we will do any of the following:
- Implement the configuration changes for SQL Server Databases
- Identify the performance bottlenecks
- Build a list of queries with areas of improvements
- Craft a solid action plan for the future to avoid server slowness
- Learn how to use various performance tuning scripts
- Follow up email support for the next 28 days
I guarantee you that we will do our best efforts to fix your performance issues during the call.
I promise you that before the session ends, you will have a clear plan of action to keep your database at the optimum speed in the future.
How to get Started?
We can get started in just 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- A brief about your problem
- SQL Server Version(s)
- Name of the Company
- Your location (so that I know what time zone you are in)
Step 2: I will reply with the following information:
- Earliest available calendar slot
- Payment link (Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfer and PayPal):
Once we agree on a meeting time and payment is received, we move on to Step 3.
Step 3: I will send you a GotoMeeting invite, which you can share with your team.
That’s it, we are ready to meet!