“How do I restore my backup?”
I often receive this question from two kinds of users – i) who are panicking as they are not able to restore database ii) developers who have full backup but not sure how to restore it and use it.
In industry everywhere you go, everybody is taking backup but I noticed hardly anybody try to restore it. When users have not restored the backup for a long time, they have either no expertise to restore or have no idea if their backup have an issue while restoring.
Earlier I have created a SQL in Sixty Seconds Video on How to Take Backup of the database, in this video we learn how we can restore the same backup.
Let us see the same concept in following SQL in Sixty Seconds Video:
Related Tips in SQL in Sixty Seconds:
- Backup Timeline and Understanding of Database Restore Process in Full Recovery Model
- Select the Most Optimal Backup Methods for Server
- Backup and Restore Database Using Command Prompt – SQLCMD
- A Quick Script for Point in Time Recovery – Back Up and Restore
- Mirrored Backup and Restore and Split File Backup
- Restore Database Backup using SQL Script (T-SQL)
What would you like to see in the next SQL in Sixty Seconds video?
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)