I received the following email from Mike Bikinis. about enterprise manager. I have just updated the blog post with the latest information from the year 2019.
“How can I connect to SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008 using SQL Server 2000’s Enterprise Manager?”
No. You can not connect with SQL Server 2005 and higher version using Enterprise Manager. You will need SQL Server Management Studio available with SQL Server 2005 and higher version.
Update in the year 2019
It has been many years since SQL Server 2000 released now. Microsoft has moved on from SQL Server Enterprise Manager to SQL Server Management Studio. Here are few relevant blog posts which are related to new product SQL Server Management Studio.
- SQL SERVER – SQL Server Agent Missing in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- SQL SERVER – SSMS – Enable Line Numbers in SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL SERVER – Difference Between Azure Data Studio and SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL SERVER – Disable IntelliSense in SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL SERVER – SSMS 17.7 Observation – Two Miscellaneous Category in Database Property Options
- SQL SERVER – How to DELETE Multiple Table Together Via SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)?
- SQL SERVER – Error 21028: Replication Components are not Installed on This Server
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)
simply open SQL Query Analyzer of SQL 2000, go to File Menu >>Connect , add IP address of the Server (2005/ 2008) you want to connect, provide user name and password of SQL Server and PLAY.