Microsoft TechNet frequently releases White Papers on SQL Server Technology. I have read the following two white papers recently. The summary of its content is here.
- Optimize cube and measure group design
- Define effective aggregations
- Use partitions
- Write efficient MDX
- Use the query engine cache efficiently
- Ensure flexible aggregations are available to answer queries.
- Tune memory usage
- Tune processor usage
- Scale up where possible
- Scale out when you can no longer scale up
Writer: Danny Tambs
Download Word Document
As databases become larger and larger, the infrastructure assets and technology that provide availability become more and more important. The database filegroups feature introduced in previous versions of SQL Server enables the use of multiple database files in order to host very large databases (VLDB) and minimize backup time. In SQL Server 2005 specific files can be set to offline or online.
Reference : Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)