It has been a while we have a puzzle on this blog. Let us have a very simple and interesting puzzle today about Schema and Table Creation. Please answer this puzzle without running the code. If you totally can’t figure out why this is happening, you may run the code as well.
Puzzle – Schema and Table Creation
Run the following code in the SQL Server Management Studio.
USE TempDB GO CREATE SCHEMA MyScheMA CREATE TABLE MyTable1 (ID INT) GO SELECT * FROM MyTable1
After creating a schema and table when you try to select the data from Table, you get the following error:
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 6
Invalid object name ‘MyTable1’.
Answer the Question: When we created the schema and table, we got no error. Now, why do we get an error when we select data from the table?
Winning Prize Worth USD 1000
We will be announcing 3 winners. Each winner will get free entry to the SQL Server Performance Tuning Practical Workshop – Recorded Classes. You will get free access to the class for 30 days.
Rules to Win the Puzzle
Post your valid answer on or before October 25th, 2019 (Anywhere in the world) in the comments section.
You must be a subscriber of the newsletter on or before October 25th, 2019.
If you enjoyed this puzzle, here are a few puzzles that I had published earlier. I am sure you may find them interesting as well.
- SQL SERVER – SQL Agent Job and Backslash – Strange Behavior
- Puzzle – DELETE Qualified Rows From Multiple Tables – Win USD 1000 Worth Class
- SQL Puzzle – Correct the Incorrect Query – Win Price Worth USD 1000 – Aggregate and Subquery
- SQL SERVER – Relating Unrelated Tables – A Question from Reader
- Puzzle – Datatime to DateTime2 Conversation in SQL Server 2017
- SQL SERVER – SSMS 17.7 Observation – Two Miscellaneous Category in Database Property Options
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)