Question: How to Escape a Single Quote in SQL Server?
Answer: Yesterday, I had an opportunity to visit a SQL User Group in Bangalore, India, and during the event, I had received a very simple question from a college student. As soon as he asked the question, everyone laughed at this question as the question was relatively simple if you are a SQL Server professional.
At one point in time, we were all beginners and we all struggled with the simple questions too. I really felt bad when everyone laughed at the newbie. I decided to answer him during the session and here is the simple possible way to escape a single quote in SQL Server string.
You can escape a single quote with another single quote. Here is the example –
Please note that you can’t escape with a double quote but with double single quotes.
Here are few of the previous blog posts related to Interview Questions and Answers:
- Where is the Default Settings for Backup Compression?
- Which is Optimal – TOP 0 OR WHERE 1 = 2?
- How to Move SQL Server MDF and LDF Files?
- What Part of the SQLDump Suggest Database Corruption?
- Which is Faster – INSERT INTO SELECT or SELECT INTO?
Reference: Pinal Dave (http://blog.SQLAuthority.com)