While we are doing development, we create and drop objects. We build new things and we need to understand the relationships between database objects when we are doing various activities in SQL Server. Well, it is indeed very hard to know all, the relationship between various objects in SQL Server. However, with the help of SQL Server 2014 Management Studio, you can for sure do the same task very easily.
You have to go the object of which you want to see properties of and right click over it.
Now click over the option “View Dependencies”. It will bring up a screen listing various dependencies.
I hope this is clear enough. If not, I strongly suggest you watch following quick video where I explain this concept in extremely simple words.
Here are the blog posts I have previously written on SSMS. You can read it over here:
- SQL SERVER – SSMS: Memory Consumption Report
- SQL SERVER – Enable SQLCMD Mode in SSMS – SQL in Sixty Seconds #048
- SQL SERVER – Remove Cached Login from SSMS Connect Dialog – SQL in Sixty Seconds #049
- SQL SERVER – SSMS: Scheduler Health Report
- SQL SERVER – Auto Recovery File Settings in SSMS – SQL in Sixty Seconds #034 – Video
You can subscribe to my YouTube Channel for frequent updates.
Reference: Pinal Dave (http://blog.sqlauthority.com)