It has been a while since I stopped writing about Service Packs announcements, I believe those who needs to always keep track of this and do not need to know via a separate blog post. With that said, I personally do not believe in any such kind of restrictions at all. I believe we should do what we believe will help others. For the same reason, we are reading a blog post about SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 4 Released.
It has been less than 5 years since SQL Server 2012 released and it was kind of major version after SQL Server 2008/R2. Microsoft has just released Service Pack 4 for the same other day. If you have not upgraded your SQL Server 2012 with the latest Service Pack, I believe it is the right time when you upgrade your server with this one.
SQL Server 2014 SP4 has some really important fixes which you should consider when debating about SP upgrade.
- FIX: “No Data Available” in the SQL Server Memory Usage page in the SQL Server MDM report
- FIX: “The custom resolver for this article requires OLEAUT32.DLL with a minimum version of 2.40.4276” error with merge publication in SQL Server
- FIX: Service Broker endpoint connections aren”t closed after an availability group failover in SQL Server
- FIX: Bad query plan created on secondary replicas after statistics updated via FULLSCAN option on primary replica in SQL Server 2012 or 2014
- FIX: A REDO thread is not available in the secondary replica after an availability database is dropped in SQL Server 2012
- FIX: Transaction log backup failure on the secondary replica in SQL Server 2012 Always-On Availability Groups
- FIX: Access violation when you create or configure an Always On availability group for an availability database in SQL Server 2012
- FIX: Canceling a backup task crashes SQL Server
- FIX: UDT assembly loaded and unloaded when SQLCLR UDT is used as a stored procedure parameter for a SQL RPC call causes waits for CLR_AUTO_EVENT and CMEMTHREAD
- FIX: Data types of Query_hash and Query_hash_plan columns in xEvents do not match the data types in DMVs sys.dm_exec_requests and sys.dm_exec_query_stats
- FIX: Memory grant that’s required to run optimized nested loop join isn’t reflected in Showplan XML in SQL Server
Well, so far we have talked about the bug fixes which many of us have been waiting for a while. There are many improved features as well.
Here is the link where you can download SQL Server 2012 SP4 and read about all the new features.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)