Last contest, which we had ran was in May and it had received amazing responses. I once again reached out to kind team of Embarcadero and they agreed to support the next contest. The contest has two steps and they are very simple. It took me a while to build contest, but it is a really fun one. I am very confident that once you try out the contest, you will love it.
(USA) USD 50 Amazon Gift Card to 1 Individual
(India) INR 2500 Amazon.in Gift Card to 1 Individual
(Rest of the world) USD 50 Amazon Gift Card to 1 Individual
Contest 1: T-SQL
Run following T-SQL script and observe the answer:
CAST(‘2015-01-01 14:48:34.69’ AS DATETIME) FirstVal,
CAST(‘2015-01-01 14:48:34:69’ AS DATETIME) SecondVal
When we look at the answer, there is a difference between the milliseconds part in the resutlset, whereas you can notice that in the SELECT statement I have specified different milliseconds part. The question is why there is a difference in the millisecond part even though I have same value selected?
Contest 2: Download and Install DBArtisan
This is the easy part of the contest. You just have to download and install DBArtisan. You can download DBArtisan from here.
How to Participate?
- Leave an answer for contest 1 in the comment section of the blog.
- Leave a comment with the same email address which you have used to download DBArtisan.
- The contest is open till December 1st, 2015 Midnight PST.
- The winner will be announced on December 10th, 2015.
- There will be three winners 1) USA 2) India 3) Rest of the World
- Please do not forget to indicate which country do you belong to qualify for the contest.
- All the correct answer to the contest will be hidden till the winner is announced.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)