Microsoft RML Utilites are very helpful when analysing performance. It helps answering questions like
- Do you know which databases are using the most resources on your server?
- Do you know which applications are using the most resources on your server?
- How will a service pack upgrade, configuration change or application change affect your production SQL Server?
- Which application, database or login is using the most resources?
- Which queries are responsible for high utilization of performance?
- What queries are running slower in today’s workload?
I believe it is a good tool to give it a try.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)