I was just reading Dr. W. Edwards Demings 14 principles of Total Quality Management. It is indeed very impressive and interesting. I have tried to collect a few of the important resources related to the same over here.
Dr. Demings’s 14 principles
- Create a constant purpose toward improvement
- Adopt the new philosophy
- Cease dependence on mass inspection
- Use a single supplier for any one item
- Improve every process
- Create training on the job
- Adopt and institute leadership aimed at helping people do a better job
- Drive out fear
- Break down barriers between departments
- Get rid of unclear slogans
- Eliminate arbitrary numerical targets
- Permit pride of workmanship
- Implement education and self-improvement
- Make transformation everyone’s job
Here are few other interesting resources related to Dr. W Edwards Demings
- Wikipedia page (Link)
- Original White Paper with 14 Key Principles (Link)
- Original Website of Demings Institute (Link)
- SlideShare PPT (Link)
Here is the Official YouTube channel of Demings Institute. They have excellent videos and I strongly encourage everyone to view them. Additionally, here is the famous Deming’s Red Bead Experiment Video.
Before I end the post I would like to include the video of Daniel Pink who has authored books Drive, which is very motivational book and often time I felt it resonated with the same message as Dr. Demings. This video is from TED presentation of Dan where he discussed The Puzzle of Motivation.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)