Microsoft SQL Azure labs has recently released Data Explorer client. I was looking forward to visualizing tool for quite a while and I am delighted to see this tool. I will be trying out this tool in coming week and will post here my experience. I have listed few of the resources which are related to Data Explorer at the end. Please let me know if I have missed any and I will add the same.
With “Data Explorer” you can:
- Identify the data you care about from the sources you work with (e.g. Excel spreadsheets, files, SQL Server databases).
- Discover relevant data and services via automatic recommendations from the Windows Azure Marketplace.
- Enrich your data by combining it and visualizing the results.
- Collaborate with your colleagues to refine the data.
- Publish the results to share them with others or power solutions.
The Data Explorer Client package contains the Data Explorer workspace as well as an Office plugin that integrates Data Explorer into Excel.
Please note that this is not the final release of the product. Please do not attempt this on production server.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)