I had earlier written, interesting article series on the limitations of the views. I had a great time writing this series. I got many many requests to write more on the subject, but honestly, I think I gave my best to the subject.
I am now interested to read what all of you have to offer on this subject. I encourage all of you to go through complete series and write your own on the subject. If you write an article and send it to me, I will publish it on this blog with due credit to you. If you write on your own blog, I will update this blog post pointing to your blog post.
- SQL SERVER – ORDER BY Does Not Work – Limitation of the View 1
- SQL SERVER – Adding Column is Expensive by Joining Table Outside View – Limitation of the View 2
- SQL SERVER – Index Created on View not Used Often – Limitation of the View 3
- SQL SERVER – SELECT * and Adding Column Issue in View – Limitation of the View 4
- SQL SERVER – COUNT(*) Not Allowed but COUNT_BIG(*) Allowed – Limitation of the View 5
- SQL SERVER – UNION Not Allowed but OR Allowed in Index View – Limitation of the View 6
- SQL SERVER – Cross Database Queries Not Allowed in Indexed View – Limitation of the View 7
- SQL SERVER – Outer Join Not Allowed in Indexed Views – Limitation of the View 8
- SQL SERVER – SELF JOIN Not Allowed in Indexed View – Limitation of the View 9
- SQL SERVER – Keywords View Definition Must Not Contain for Indexed View – Limitation of the View 10
- SQL SERVER – View Over the View Not Possible with Index View – Limitations of the View 11
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)