It has been a long time since we contest where we can learn something new and win something cool. I reached out to the good folks of Clustrix with the request to help me to build a contest where readers can learn and explore new technology, while stand a good chance to win something good.
Before we jump into the contest, let us quickly understand what Clustrix is all about in four simple points:
- ClustrixDB can scale reads, writes, updates and analytics, — near linearly — as you add nodes. The scale-out architecture of the cloud means that the new cloud applications use scale-out NoSQL or SQL databases, and most often a combination of both.
- Real-time analytics is analytics on your live operational database, up to date to the current moment. ClustrixDB allows real-time insights into your business and fast, current reports for your business and self-serve customers.
- ClustrixDB has powered mission-critical business applications for more than three years, with trillions of transactions per month running on ClustrixDB. Proven in massive transaction volume environments with an appliance form factor, ClustrixDB is now being used by multiple customers across the globe as software and on public clouds such as AWS.
- Several databases and data management platforms are now on the market. We created a series of landscapes to help our customers determine the right solution to their problem. Whether primary or analytics, SQL or NoSQL–comparing features gives clarity.
If you have directly skipped to this statement, I encourage to read the four bullet points above, it is indeed interesting to know that there are solution exists in the market which can help our mission critical problems. Now let us jump to details of the contest.
Step 1: Download and Install ClustrixDB here using the community license
Click Here to Download
Step 2: Do one thing with ClustrixDB
ClustrixDB is nearly plug-and-play compatible with MySQL. You can do any of the following tasks:
- Load Data
- Create a Table
- Create an online schema change
- Run an Analytics query
- Or any other task which is a core database task
Step 3: Post it on the ClustrixDB forum ):
- The current database you use
- Snapshot (or screenshot) of what you did with ClustrixDB
That’s it! It is that simple and it will also give you exposure how to get going with ClustrixDB as well enable you to Win Amazon Gift Card.
Prize for Winner (Total worth USD 200)
- 10 Amazon Gift Cards each of USD 20
- 3 Gift Cards will go to the first 3 posts and the remaining 7 will be raffled among the other posts.
- Post your entry before March 20th Midnight EST.
Well, if you are an early bird, indeed there is a guaranteed prize for you as you can read the second bullet point above.
Well, if you want few helps regarding how to do any of the above tasks. Here are a few articles which you can follow:
- Getting Started on ClustrixDB Software
- Importing Data
- Creating the Database and Loading Data
- Best Practices for Loading Data Onto Clustrix
Let me know what you think of this contest and ClustrixDB. I have a surprise prize for one of the participation in this contest. I will announce it with the winner list after March 20th.
Reference: Pinal Dave (http://blog.sqlauthority.com)