This is my second blog about SQL Server 2019. My previous blog was about the release announcement of SQL Server 2019 CTP version. SQL Authority News – Microsoft Released SQL Server 2019 Preview. In this blog post, we will discuss about Oracle JRE 7 Update.
As my habit, I always wanted to try new things and share my knowledge with my blog readers. I downloaded ISO file, mounted it and ran setup.exe. I kept moving in the wizard and selected all features. I was stuck at below screen.
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Initializing rule: Oracle JRE 7 Update 51 (64-bit) or higher is required for Polybase Java
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Rule is will be executed: True
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Init rule target object: Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.PolybaseJava.PolybaseJava_IsMinJavaVersionInstalledFacet
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 SQLPolyBase: Could not find registry setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion.
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 SQLPolyBase: Minimum version expected: 7.51. Java not found.
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Evaluating rule : PolybaseJava_IsMinJavaVersionInstalled
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Rule running on machine: SQL2019VM
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Rule evaluation done : Failed
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Rule evaluation message:
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Send result to channel : RulesEngineNotificationChannel
When we click on “View Detailed Report”, we would see below in html page.
I clearly remember this error because I blogged this earlier for SQL Server 2016.
When I tried following my own blog, I realized that I was not able to find JRE 7 on the link which I have in my earlier blog.
When I looked at Oracle site, I was not able to find JRE 7. Here are the steps which worked as of today.
- Go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
- Scroll little down and look for “Java SE 10.0.2”
- On Right Side, you would see few “Download” buttons. Click on one below “JRE”
- One next page opens, you can accept the agreement and then download a highlighted file.
- Install the executable
After this, I was able to press the “Re-Run” button and proceed with the setup.
Hope this new version of an article would help you in installing SQL Server 2019. Please comment and let me know.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)