This is my second blog about SQL Server 2019. My previous blog was about the release announcement of SQL Server 2019 CTP version. SQL Authority News – Microsoft Released SQL Server 2019 Preview. In this blog post, we will discuss about Oracle JRE 7 Update.
As my habit, I always wanted to try new things and share my knowledge with my blog readers. I downloaded ISO file, mounted it and ran setup.exe. I kept moving in the wizard and selected all features. I was stuck at below screen.
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Initializing rule: Oracle JRE 7 Update 51 (64-bit) or higher is required for Polybase Java
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Rule is will be executed: True
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Init rule target object: Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.PolybaseJava.PolybaseJava_IsMinJavaVersionInstalledFacet
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 SQLPolyBase: Could not find registry setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion.
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 SQLPolyBase: Minimum version expected: 7.51. Java not found.
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Evaluating rule : PolybaseJava_IsMinJavaVersionInstalled
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Rule running on machine: SQL2019VM
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Rule evaluation done : Failed
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Rule evaluation message:
(19) 2018-09-26 05:53:07 Slp: Send result to channel : RulesEngineNotificationChannel
When we click on “View Detailed Report”, we would see below in html page.
I clearly remember this error because I blogged this earlier for SQL Server 2016.
SQL SERVER – 2016 FIX: Install – Rule “Oracle JRE 7 Update 51 (64-bit) or higher is required” failed
When I tried following my own blog, I realized that I was not able to find JRE 7 on the link which I have in my earlier blog.
When I looked at Oracle site, I was not able to find JRE 7. Here are the steps which worked as of today.
- Go to
- Scroll little down and look for “Java SE 10.0.2”
- On Right Side, you would see few “Download” buttons. Click on one below “JRE”
- One next page opens, you can accept the agreement and then download a highlighted file.
- Install the executable
After this, I was able to press the “Re-Run” button and proceed with the setup.
Hope this new version of an article would help you in installing SQL Server 2019. Please comment and let me know.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)
Thanks, Post help me and ease my work.
Nice to hear that.
Thank you but I was on that site and couldn’t find the specific java download. Any idea what happened to it?
What do you mean? May be you need to download latest.
Thanks, post help me.
When I try to download the JRE 7 Update 51 I am being prompted for an Oracle Account. Since I don’t have one I click on Create Account, but now I only get a “The content you are requesting has been blocked. Please try again later”. I have tried for the last 30 minutes but keep getting the same error. Creating an Oracle account is a must? Is there any workaround that you are aware of? Thank you very much in advance for your help with this