In one of the virtual environment while I was trying to add SQL Server Database (.mdf) file to asp.net project I encountered following error:
For a long time I am using SQL Server 2012 but this error was a bit interesting to me. I realize that there should not be any need of the SQL Server 2005 installation. I quickly figured out that I can remove this error if I do as mentioned below:
- Open Microsoft Visual Studio
- Select Tools >> Options >> Database Tools >> Data Connections
- Enter the name of an installed instance in “SQL Server Instance Name” field.
- Click OK
If you do not know the instance name, you can follow either of the options.
1) Use the command line sqlcmd utility
2) Using SQL Server Management Studio
Is there any other way to resolve this error?
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)