Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services (SSIS) provides significant improvements in both the developer and administration experience. This article provides tips that can help to make the upgrade to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services successful. The tips address editing package configurations and specifically connection strings, converting configurations to parameters, converting packages to the project deployment model, updating Execute Package tasks to use project references and parameterizing the PackageName property.
- TIP #1: Edit Package Configuration and Data Source after upgrading
- TIP #2: Convert to project deployment model using Project Conversion Wizard
- TIP #3: Update Execute Package Task to use project reference and use parameter to pass data from parent package to child package
- TIP #4: Parameterize PackageName property of Execute Package Task to dynamically configure which child package to run at execution time
- TIP #5: Convert package configuration to parameter when possible
Above text is taken from original msdn documentation.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)