I am sure readers of this site are familiar with Pluralsight. It is an online training site that describes itself as “a company created by developers, specifically for developers.” At their site you can find training courses on a variety of topics and weekly webcasts by industry specialists.
Right now the latest news on the blog is that businesses can subscribe to Pluralsight to help train their employees: Pluralsight subscriptions for businesses. The blog has also introduced course assessments so that users can track their progress – and employers can see how well their employees are doing. Pluralsight is also going to be sponsoring Tech-Ed Australia 2011. The event runs from August 30 through September 2. Pluralsight will have a booth at the event and will be giving away fun freebies that everyone looks forward to at these events.
Pluralsight also hosts weekly webcasts, every Thursday. Recent speakers include Steve Michelotti discussing MVC Scaffolding, Julie Yack exploring Dynamics CRM, and Dan Sullivan talking about the Regex class. Follow Pluralsight every Thursday at 11:00 AM EDT/15:00 UTC to listen and learn.
Give Away Contest
Pluralsight Giving Away 2 Free Subscription to Quiz Participants of the my running Quiz Competition. The give away is 2 – 30 days FREE learning to ALL the Courses which are available at Pluralsight.
Answer the following questions in the next 48 hours and you can win this Free Subscription.
Question 1) List days when Joes 2 Pros Contest had two correct answers?
Question 2) List days when Joes 2 Pros Contest had 3 winners instead of 2?
Question 3) Which is your favorite question from Joes 2 Pros Contest? Why?
Anyone in the world can participate in this contest. Your comments will be visible after the contest is over, so please be patient till the winner is announced. The winner will be selected using Random Algorithm.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)
1. Day 9 and Day 15
2. Day 9
3. I liked all the questions,Day 13 Questions is gud and new to me
Here are my answers:
1) Days when there were two correct answers: Day 9 and Day 15
2) Days when there were three winners: that would be Day 9 because on the 8th day there were two winners from the USA so you said there would be an extra winner not from the USA on the next day which would be Day 9.
3) Favorite Question: Day 12, I believe where we did Rank(), Dense_Rank() and etc. It is just something I struggled with at work when I saw it in other’s code but never quite could figure out what was going on. Now it makes sense and I’m hoping to look at that code again or be able to improve some exisiting code by using it.
Deb – USA
1. Day 9 and Day 15
2. Day 9
3. Day 13 (Using NTILE). That’s functionality that I had not used before
Ashish Kadam – Pune – India
I’m writing to participate in the Pluralsight contest.
List days when Joes 2 Pros Contest had two correct answer?
Answer: Day 9 (Question 9) and Day 14 (Question 14) had two correct answers.
List days when Joes 2 Pros Contest had 3 winners instead of 2?
Answer: On Day 8 (Question 8), the third winner won a Pluralsight subscription for participating each day.
Which is your favorite question from Joes 2 Pros Contest? Why?
Answer: The Data Row Space Usage and Null Storage topic was my favorite. I liked the level of detail and the variety of things to consider to get an accurate measure of the amount of disk space needed.