I earlier wrote about SQL BI Quiz over here.
The details of the quiz is as following:
Working with huge data is very common when it is about Data Warehousing. It is necessary to create Cubes on the data to make it meaningful and consumable. There are cases when retrieving the data from cube takes lots of the time.
Let us assume that your cube is returning you data very quickly. Suddenly on one day it is returning the data very slowly. What are the three things will you to diagnose this. After diagnose what you will do to resolve performance issue.
Here is a couple of hints what I am looking for in answer:
- How to reach to root of slow performance?
- Is hardware causing the problem or something else?
- Is slowness is due to how cube is build and its granularity?
- Is underlying tables require maintenance?
- Is there is chance to refractor the process?
- Are there any tool which can help diagnosis the slowness of the cube?
It is not necessary to answer all the question – but something to start with.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)