Last month I wrote monthly round up and I was very well received. For the same here it goes this months wrote up for all the SQLAuthority.com blogs.
The month started very interesting subject of SQL SERVER – Precision of SMALLDATETIME – A 1 Minute Precision which lead to few datetime related blog posts. I find them very interesting and hopefully you will too.
- SQL SERVER – Difference Between GETDATE and SYSDATETIME
- SQL SERVER – Difference Between DATETIME and DATETIME2
- SQL SERVER – Difference Between DATETIME and DATETIME2 – WITH GETDATE
Another interesting blog post series was on the subject how SQL Server Engines does very good job selecting optimal query execution plan.
- SQL SERVER – Convert IN to EXISTS – Performance Talk
- SQL SERVER – Subquery or Join – Various Options – SQL Server Engine knows the Best
- SQL SERVER – Subquery or Join – Various Options – SQL Server Engine Knows the Best – Part 2
I have asked two questions to users and got good response. If you have yet not taken part there, I suggest that you still take part there.
If Denali is SQL Server 2011 what do you think should be the name of the next version: SQL SERVER – What is Denali?
How do one measure what is the largest operation of the SQL Server: SQL SERVER – Find Largest Supported DML Operation – Question to You
We also received couple of excellent guest blog posts as well. Imran Mohammed – SQL SERVER – Shrinking NDF and MDF Files – Readers’ Opinion and Jacob Sebastian SQLAuthority News – Guest Post – SELECT * FROM XML – Jacob Sebastian .
I also shared note about two of my SQL world friends as well on the blog. Interview of Madhivanan – SQLAuthority News – Interview with SQL Server MVP Madhivanan – A Real Problem Solver and Meeting Experience from Bryan Oliver – SQLAuthority News – Meeting Bryan Oliver and Learning Wisdom of Life. I also shared my experience of attending SQL Server 2008 R2 launch event SQLAuthority News – Author Visit – SQL Server 2008 R2 Launch.
I really enjoyed the conversation on SQL Server 2008 R2 and Oracle Price list SQLAuthority News – Price List – Oracle vs SQL Server.
FREE! Everybody like things which are free. Here is the list of two blog post where I share free stuff for SQL Server 2008 R2.
- SQL SERVER – Free Download – SQL Server 2008 R2 Update for Developers Training Kit
- SQLAuthority News – Download – Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Best Practices Analyzer
Let me end the blog post with the method of fastest way to restore the database SQL SERVER – Fastest Way to Restore the Database.
Let me know which one is your favorite blog post?
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)