White paper describes the use of virtual copy Storage Area Network (SAN) snapshots in a load-balanced scalable querying environment for SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services.
This architecture provides the following improvements
- Improves the utilization of disk resources
- Optimizes cube processing operations
- Supports dedicated snapshots for specific users at different points in time
In selecting a snapshot implementation for use with for Analysis Services, users may wish to consider the following snapshot attributes:
- Provisioning of snapshots
- Writeability of snapshots
- Scalability of snapshots
- Performance of snapshots
- Efficiency of snapshots
I have created this article here only to promote the original White Paper, which is very easy to read and describes the SAN configuration with Database.
Reference : Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)