Earlier this week Microsoft has announced SQL Server 2014. The release date of Trial of SQL Server to be believed later this year.
Here are few of the improvements which I was looking forward are there in this release. Please note this is not the exhaustive list of the features of SQL Server 2014. This is the a quick note on the features which I was looking forward and now will be available in this release.
- Always On supports now 8 secondaries instead of 4
- Online Indexing at partition level – this is a good thing as now index rebuilding can be done at a partition level
- Statistics at the partition level – this will be a huge improvement in performance
- In-Memory OLTP works by providing in-application memory storage for the most often used tables in SQL Server. (Read More Here)
- Columnstore Index can be updated – I just can’t wait for this feature (Columnstore Index)
- Resource Governor can control IO along with CPU and Memory
- Increase performance by extending SQL Server in-memory buffer pool to SSDs
- Backup to Azure Storage
You can additionally download SQL Server 2014 Datasheet from here. Which is your favorite new feature of SQL Server 2014?
Reference: Pinal Dave (http://blog.sqlauthority.com)