MySQL is one of the most popular database language and I have been recently working with it a lot. Data have no barrier and every database have their own place. I have been working with MySQL for quite a while and just like SQL Server, I often find lots of people asking me if I have a tutorial which can teach them MySQL from the beginning. Here is the good news, I have written two different courses on MySQL Fundamentals, which is available online.
The reason for writing two different courses was to keep the learning simple. Both of the courses are absolutely connected with other but designed if you watch either of the course independently you can watch them and learn without dependencies. However, if you ask me, I will suggest that you watch MySQL Fundamentals Part 1 course following with MySQL Fundamentals Part 2 course.
Let us quickly explore outline of MySQL courses.
MySQL Fundamental – 1 (157 minutes)
MySQL is a popular choice of database for use in web applications, and is a central component of the widely used LAMP open source web application software stack. This course covers the fundamentals of MySQL, including how to install MySQL as well as written basic data retrieval and data modification queries.
- Introduction (duration 00:02:12)
- Installations and GUI Tools (duration 00:13:51)
- Fundamentals of RDBMS and Database Designs (duration 00:16:13)
- Introduction MYSQL Workbench (duration 00:31:51)
- Data Retrieval Techniques (duration 01:11:13)
- Data Modification Techniques (duration 00:20:41)
- Summary and Resources (duration 00:01:31)
MySQL Fundamental – 2 (163 minutes)
MySQL is a popular choice of database for use in web applications, and is a central component of the widely used LAMP open source web application software stack. In this course, which is part 2 of the Fundamentals of MySQL series, we explore more advanced topics such as stored procedures & user-defined functions, subqueries & joins, views and events & triggers.
- Introduction (duration 00:02:09)
- Joins, Unions and Subqueries (duration 01:03:56)
- MySQL Functions (duration 00:36:55)
- MySQL Views (duration 00:19:19)
- Stored Procedures and Stored Functions (duration 00:25:23)
- Triggers and Events (duration 00:13:41)
- Summary and Resources (duration 00:02:18)
Note if you click on the link above and you do not see the play button to watch the course, you will have to login to the system and watch the course.
I would like to throw a challenge to you – Can you watch both of the courses in a single day?
If yes, once you are done watching the course on your Pluralsight Profile Page (here is my profile http://pluralsight.com/training/users/pinal-dave) you will get following badges. If you have already watched MySQL Fundamental Part 1, you can qualify by just watching MySQL Fundamental Part 2.
Just send me the link to your profile and I will publish your name on this blog. For the first five people who send me email at Pinal at sqlauthority.com; I might have something cool as a giveaway as well.
Watch the teaser of MySQL course.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)