Microsoft announced that SQL Server 2014 CTP 1 available to download at TechEd Europe.
In this blog post I have in depth discussed what are the salient features which I was looking forward in the new version.
- Always On supports now 8 secondaries instead of 4
- Online Indexing at partition level – this is a good thing as now index rebuilding can be done at a partition level
- Statistics at the partition level – this will be a huge improvement in performance
- In-Memory OLTP works by providing in-application memory storage for the most often used tables in SQL Server.
- Columnstore Index can be updated – I just can’t wait for this feature (Columnstore Index)
- Resource Governor can control IO along with CPU and Memory
- Increase performance by extending SQL Server in-memory buffer pool to SSDs
- Backup to Azure Storage
You can read about the new features of the SQL Server 2014 in the following links:
- What’s New (Database Engine)
- What’s New in Analysis Services and Business Intelligence
- What’s New (Integration Services)
- What’s New (Replication)
- What’s New (Reporting Services)
Reference: Pinal Dave (http://blog.sqlauthority.com)