This month was very interesting month for me. I visited 2 different countries – Malaysia and Sri Lanka. I had great time attending 3 community sessions – Chennai, Kuala Lumpur and Ahmedabad. Though, I was at home only 5 nights, I was fortunate enough to spend good amount of the time with family as well. My family traveled along with me to different countries as well few of my business trips.I also have few good news in this week.
- SQLAuthority News – I am a MVP and I Love SQL Server
- SQLAuthority News – I am Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- SQLAuthority News – Milestone – 1400th Post and Why do I blog
I had great time writing about Parallelism this week where I wrote three different posts on the subject.
- SQL SERVER – Parallelism – Row per Processor – Row per Thread – Thread 0
- SQL SERVER – Parallelism – Row per Processor – Row per Thread
- SQL SERVER – Find Queries using Parallelism from Cached Plan
I also got some interesting emails from Oracle DBAs on my article of DUAL table in SQL Server SQL SERVER – SELECT * FROM dual – Dual Equivalent. There was interesting communication about date time as well. Here are the examples of the same:
- SQL SERVER – Datetime Function SWITCHOFFSET Example
- SQL SERVER – Datetime Function TODATETIMEOFFSET Example
There are few trips and tricks blog post which I personally enjoyed are listed here
- SQL SERVER – Upper Case Shortcut SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL SERVER – View XML Query Plans in SSMS as Graphical Execution Plan
- SQL SERVER – Introduction to Best Practices Analyzer – Quick Tutorial
- SQL SERVER – Check Advanced Server Configuration
The blog post which has generated the most amount of the comment and traffic was SQLAuthority News – FREE Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with MSDN.
Well this month was eventful and full of good news and hopefully the next one will be for sure.
Reference: Pinal Dave (