I am really happy that Microsoft has finally announced the general availability of SQL Server Management Studio 18.0. It is the latest version of SSMS available and it works flawlessly with SQL Server 2019 and earlier versions of SQL Server.
Here is the link from where you can download SQL Server Management Studio 18.0.
Please note that SSMS 18.0 is free and you can download it without owning any license of SQL Server. Even though this is general availability of version 18.0, you can easily install it side by side of the earlier version of SSMS 17.x version. However, if you have installed an earlier version of SSMS 18’s preview version, you will have to uninstall it before you install this version of SQL Server.
Here are a few additional blog posts about SSMS features:
- SQL SERVER – SSMS – Enable Line Numbers in SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL SERVER – SQL Server Agent Missing in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- SQL SERVER – Disable IntelliSense in SQL Server Management Studio
- How to Change Language for SSMS? – Interview Question of the Week #194
- How to Identify Session Used by SQL Server Management Studio? – Interview Question of the Week #151
I suggest you download and install the latest SSMS, it is pretty stable and works great.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)
Thanks for the post. I have installed SSMS 18.0 and spent some time on exploring the new features. Below are my observations.
1). Database diagrams are not there.
2). SSMS is hanging while i was using Adventure works. i had to close and re open SSMS. ( I have 1 TB Hard disk and 8 GB RAM) i am not sure whether we need to have better configuration for SSMS 18.0
Just sharing my thoughts here.
Pinal. It installs NF 4.7.2 if you don’t have it already installed as well as ODBC 126.96.36.199