In my earlier blog, we saw one possible cause database mail error due to SSL settings. Today we will learn about another Database Mail Error.
It was my pleasure and honor that I was invited to the Brent Ozar Unlimited Office Hours. During the office hours, we received quite a few interesting questions, some were very complicated and some were super fun. However, the best part of attending the office hours was the company. I was fortunate to have Brent, Richie, and Tara along with me in this office hours. Please note that the questions which we discussed during the session were asked live.
Just another day while doing performance tuning engagement, Senior DBA of the organization and I both noticed that one of the SP sp_readrequest is continuously listed as long running SP. Well, the good part was that it was not taking too much of the resources. The page read and write were pretty low and the SP was not blocking anything at all. Initially we decided to ignore this SP as there were quite a lots of other things which we needed to take care to get maximum performance of the server.
Received an email “Need your urgent help On Demand, our MSDB Database has grown too big and we need help to check our sysmail_mailitems table. We are also facing performance issues.” I have been an independent consultant for a while and one of the services I provide is “On Demand (50 minutes)” service. This service is very helpful for organizations who are in need immediate help with their performance tuning issue. Though, I have set working ours for my regular clients, every single day, I keep two hours available for this particular offering. This way, I can make sure that anyone who urgently needs my help, can avail the same.