Discussion Points – Live 2
- 0:00 Let’s start
- 1:35 Demo: Real-world scenario
- 9:30 Don’t trust Execution Plan
- 11:20 Camera Froze
- 13:00 Camera UnFroze
- 15:00 Actual vs Estimated Execution Plan
- 20:00 Live Execution Plan
- 22:30 Find table in SSMS
- 23:40 Attaching SQL Plan
- 25:10 Location of Free Scripts
- 25:33 Final Puzzle
- 28:00 Final Final Puzzle
- 29:15 Thank you
In this video, I discuss execution plans and real-world scenarios. We also discuss the estimated execution plan and actual execution plan. Right at the end of the session, we also discussed an interesting puzzle. Please leave a comment and let me know if you enjoyed the session (Live 2) or not. I will be happy to do more based on your feedback.
Many such tricks, I often discuss during Comprehensive Database Performance Health Check.
If you liked this blog, please do not forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel – SQL in Sixty Seconds.
Here are my few recent videos and I would like to know what is your feedback about them.
- Queries Using Specific Index – SQL in Sixty Seconds #180
- Read Only Tables – Is it Possible? – SQL in Sixty Seconds #179
- One Scan for 3 Count Sum – SQL in Sixty Seconds #178
- SUM(1) vs COUNT(1) Performance Battle – SQL in Sixty Seconds #177
- COUNT(*) and COUNT(1): Performance Battle – SQL in Sixty Seconds #176
Reference: Pinal Dave (http://blog.SQLAuthority.com)