It seems lots of people like to watch videos over reading blog posts. The other day I posted a blog post SQL SERVER – Making Table Read Only via FileGroup. After reading it, lots of people asked me if I can make a video on this topic. Of course, here we go, Read Only Tables – Is it Possible?
It is for sure possible to make read-only tables. There are many different methodologies, the one, I have used is very simple and I have been using it for a while with my clients. Here we create a read-only filegroup so every table which existed on it, automatically becomes read only.
If you are looking for the script used in this video, I have it over here.
Well, that’s it for today. If you liked this video, please do not forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel – SQL in Sixty Seconds.
Here are my few recent videos and I would like to know what is your feedback about them.
- One Scan for 3 Count Sum – SQL in Sixty Seconds #178
- SUM(1) vs COUNT(1) Performance Battle – SQL in Sixty Seconds #177
- COUNT(*) and COUNT(1): Performance Battle – SQL in Sixty Seconds #176
- COUNT(*) and Index – SQL in Sixty Seconds #175
- Index Scans – Good or Bad? – SQL in Sixty Seconds #174
- Optimize for Ad Hoc Workloads – SQL in Sixty Seconds #173
- Avoid Join Hints – SQL in Sixty Seconds #172
- One Query Many Plans – SQL in Sixty Seconds #171
Reference: Pinal Dave (http://blog.SQLAuthority.com)