I have been posting SQL in Sixty Seconds video for over a year now and also have been writing blog posts for many years. I have received quite a lot of questions related to SQL Server Performance Tuning and I have decided to put them together and build a single video containing all the answers.
Here is the video of 9 SQL SERVER Performance Tuning Tips.
Here are the resources mentioned in the video.
- Where do you start to tune SQL Server?
Blog Resource: Wait Stats for Performance – SQL in Sixty Seconds 157
- Where do you start to tune SQL Queries?
Blog Resource: SET STATISTICS IO ON – SQL in Sixty Seconds 128
Blog Resource: SET STATISTICS TIME ON – SQL in Sixty Seconds 139
- How to write efficient queries?
Blog Resource: Performance Challenge – Write Efficient Query – SQL in Sixty Seconds 140
- How to identify slow-running queries?
Blog Resource: Slow Running Query – SQL in Sixty Seconds 146
- Is it possible to search inside SQL Server Execution plan?
Blog Resource: Find Table in Execution Plan – SQL in Sixty Seconds 151
- Is it possible to share SQL Server Execution plans with others?
Blog Resource: Email an Execution Plan – SQL in Sixty Seconds 114
- Do queries run faster when we add more CPU?
Blog Resource: 16 CPU vs 1 CPU : Performance Comparison – SQL in Sixty Seconds 142
Blog Resource: Query Ignoring CPU Threads – SQL in Sixty Seconds 161
- Do queries run faster when we add more Memory?
Blog Resource: Get Memory Details – SQL in Sixty Seconds 165
- Can we tune our server ourselves?
Honestly, no one can do better tuning of your server than yourself. You are the best judge of the situation and also with the data. If you ever need any further help, you can always reach out to me here: Comprehensive Database Performance Health Check.
Do not forget to bookmark this blog post as you may find it useful in the future.
Reference: Pinal Dave (http://blog.SQLAuthority.com)