Recently I was asked by one of my clients of Comprehensive Database Performance Health Check recently asked if there is any way to Check Backup Reliability. Well, honestly, yes there is a way and that is to restore the backup on your database.
Check Backup Reliability
Lots of people often ask me if there is a way to figure out if the backup of the database is fine or not. Honestly, there is no magic trick or there is no shortcut for it. You will have to restore your database on your production server or on the development server and see if the data is valid or not.
There is honestly no other shortcut. I have seen so many organizations who think that their backup is valid and good but when they try to restore it, it fails.
Here are my few recent videos and I would like to know what is your feedback about them. You can subscribe to my youtube channel here.
- Zoom in SSMS – SQL in Sixty Seconds #153
- Transfer Schema of Table – SQL in Sixty Seconds #152
- Find a Table in Execution Plan – SQL in Sixty Seconds #151
- Transactions and Variables – SQL in Sixty Seconds #150
- Count Table in Cache – SQL in Sixty Seconds #149
- List All Sessions – SQL in Sixty Seconds #148
- Line Numbers for SSMS Efficiency – SQL in Sixty Seconds #147
- Slow Running Query – SQL in Sixty Seconds #146
- Change Database and Table Collation – SQL in Sixty Seconds #145
- Infinite Loop – SQL in Sixty Seconds #144
- Efficiency Trick – Query Shortcut – SQL in Sixty Seconds #143
- SQL SERVER – 16 CPU vs 1 CPU : Performance Comparison – SQL in Sixty Seconds #142
- SQL SERVER – TOP and DISTINCT – Epic Confusion – SQL in Sixty Seconds #141
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)