I will be visiting SQL Saturday Prague 2019 and will be presenting my most popular pre-conference on September 20, 2019, at 9:00. The topic of the pre-conference is 21 Essential Scripts: Performance Tuning for EVERYONE.
If you are in Europe and have never attended this event, I strongly suggest you attend this session. I have build brand new presentations based on SQL Server 2017 and 2019 to presenting during this pre-conference session.
FREE Recorded Class
As this pre-conference is not recorded, if you register for this class, you can get FREE access to my most popular recorded class SQL Server Performance Tuning Practical Workshop worth USD 1000 for FREE for one month.
Yes, you heard it correct. If you register for this class, you get almost twice the value of the class instantly. It is an amazing deal and you must not miss it.
Content of the Training
This session solves many of the classic mysteries people have related to performance tuning. In this session, I will provide accurate, ready to get started scripts which will solve DBA`s day to day problems.
For DBAs, Developers, and Everyone
The biggest challenge in any organizations is the DBAs and Developers talk totally different language when it is about SQL Server Performance Tuning. They have very different ways and methodology for addressing the same problem. Whenever I go to any consulting engagement, I often see that individuals in an organization struggle when they do not have good data point to back up the claim.
I have carefully crafted this pre-con for DBAs and Developers. Even though if you are an IT-Manager, you want to attend this pre-con as during this training day you will learn quite lots of details which you may not learn in your daily job.
Why 21 Scripts?
I have been working with SQL Server for over 16 years. In my 16 years of career, I have learned that most of the time DBAs and Developers think that they know their stuff as they have read it somewhere but the reality is very different.
What we know is quite often very incorrect and the actual reality is very difficult. From my 16 years of experience, I have built a knowledge base which exclusively shares during my consulting engagements. I have finally decided to make it public and let everyone learn along with me.
Tip of the Iceberg
The 21 scripts shared during the training serves as a Proof of Concepts, Quick Diagnosis Script as well as a ready cheat sheet to accomplish a complicated task which you have been dreaming to achieve. The scripts sound very simple but each of the scripts is carefully crafted to tell a unique story which you have not experienced before.
- Script 00: How to clear the Cache?
- Script 01: Why unused indexes are bad? (Insert/Delete)
- Script 02: Why unused indexes are bad? (Select)
- Script 03: How to identify UNUSED indexes in SQL Server?
- Script 04: How to identify MISSING indexes in SQL Server?
- Script 05: How to identify DUPLICATE indexes in SQL Server?
- Script 06: How important is the file growth setting is for Database?
- Script 07: Do COLUMNSTORE indexes help query performance?
- Script 08: How to get started with OLTP In-Memory Tables
- Script 09: What about OLTP In-Memory Ttables with COLUMNSTORE indexes?
- Script 10: How do STATISTICS play a role in performance tuning?
- Script 11: How does COMPATIBILITY Level play a role in performance tuning?
- Script 12: What is the impact of functions on query performance? (Where clause)
- Script 13: What is the impact of functions on query performance? (Select clause)
- Script 14: How to identify frequently running functions?
- Script 15: How to identify frequently running queries?
- Script 16: How to identify resource bottlenecks for server with Wait Statistics?
- Script 17: How to overcome CPU bottlenecks – underutilization / overutilization?
- Script 18: How to overcome MEMORY bottlenecks?
- Script 19: How to overcome IO bottlenecks?
- Script 20: How to overcome Blocking in SQL Server?
- Script 21: How IMPLICIT conversion can kill database performance
Register for SQL Saturday Prague 2019
We will end the session with a hands-on exercise assigned to attendees. The session will have a unique role-playing style of presentation. We will have a big story arc with two sub story lines.
This session will not be recorded as it is an in-person event. Here is the link to register for this event. I strongly suggest you register for SQL Saturday Prague 2019.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)