Nov 3, 2011 – Visit to Grandma
Silence. A very long silence.
I just could not answer her right away. As a matter of fact, I went into a deep thought. I never thought that she could actually ask me such question. It may be a very simple question, but I felt that it was very important to me. I was just stunned and speechless. I returned home from my grandma’s place, with her blessings and an interesting thought of a “Movie from the Book”. I just could not get this out of my mind.
Jan 24, 2012 – Movie from Book
I talked to my grandma very often, but since the last conversation my wife called her
Today – Fast Forward
SQL Server Questions and Answers
In this course, each topic starts with a question and ends with an answer which is supplemented with a demo. Every question has an exercise file and a demo associated with it. Additionally, in the very last session, we have covered lots of SSMS tips and tricks. Here are the topics we have covered in this course:
- Retrieving IDENTITY value using @@IDENTITY
- Concepts Related to Identity Values
- Difference between WHERE and HAVING
- Order in WHERE clause
- Concepts Around Temporary Tables and Table Variables
- Are stored procedures pre-compiled?
- UNIQUE INDEX and NULLs problem
- DELETE VS TRUNCATE
- Locks and Duration of Transactions
- Nested Transaction and Rollback
- Understanding Date/Time Datatypes
- Differences between VARCHAR and NVARCHAR datatypes
- Precedence of DENY and GRANT security permissions
- Identify Blocking Process
- NULLS usage with Dynamic SQL
- Appendix Tips and Tricks with Tools
Today we are very happy that our course is out. The journey from the book to the Training Course took 80 days and the experience was wonderful. In a future post, I will share the experience of writing book and building the training course.
In the end, we just want to thank YOU, our dear reader, who made this experience possible.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)