Just a day ago, I was asked how do you plan SQL Server Storage Capacity. Here is the excellent article published by Microsoft regarding SQL Server capacity planning for SharePoint 2010. This article touches all the vital areas of this subject. Here are the bullet points for the same.
- Gather storage and SQL Server space and I/O requirements
- Choose SQL Server version and edition
- Design storage architecture based on capacity and IO requirements
- Determine memory requirements
- Understand network topology requirements
- Configure SQL Server
- Validate storage performance and reliability
Read the original article published by Microsoft here: Storage and SQL Server Capacity Planning and configuration – SharePoint Server 2010.
The question to all the SharePoint developers and administrator that if they use the whitepapers and articles to decide the capacity or they just start with application and as they progress they plan the storage? Please let me know your opinion.
Reference: Pinal Dave (https://blog.sqlauthority.com)