Last week, I was attending SQLPASS 2012 and I had great fun attending the event. During the event long awaited SQL Serer 2012 Service Pack 1 was released. I am pretty excited with SP1 as new service packs are cumulative updates and upgrade all editions and service levels of SQL Server 2012 to SP1. This service pack contains SQL Server 2012 Cumulative Update 1 (CU1) and Cumulative Update 2 (CU2).
The latest SP1 has many new and enhanced features. Here are a few for example:
- Cross-Cluster Migration of AlwaysOn Availability Groups for OS Upgrade
- Selective XML Index
- DBCC SHOW_STATISTICS works with SELECT permission
- New function returns statistics properties – sys.dm_db_stats_properties
- SSMS Complete in Express
- SlipStream Full Installation
- Business Intelligence highlights with Office and SharePoint Server 2013
- Management Object Support Added for Resource Governor DDL
Please note that the size of the service pack is near 1 GB.
Here is the link to SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1.
SQL Server Express is the free and feature rich edition of the SQL Server. It is used with lightweight website and desktop applications.
Here is the link to SQL Server 2012 EXPRESS Service Pack 1.
Here is the question for you – how long have you been using SQL Server 2012?
Reference: Pinal Dave (