Microsoft has just announced SQL Server 2012 Editions information on official SQL Server 2012 site.
SQL Server 2012 will be available in three main editions:
- Business Intelligence
The other editions are Web, Developer and Express.
Here is the salient features of each of the edition:
- Advanced high availability with AlwaysOn
- High performance data warehousing with ColumnStore
- Maximum virtualization (with Software Assurance)
- Inclusive of Business Intelligence edition’s capabilities
- Rapid data discovery with Power View
- Corporate and scalable reporting and analytics
- Data Quality Services and Master Data Services
- Inclusive of the Standard edition’s capabilities
- Standard continues to offer basic database, reporting and analytics capabilities
There is comparison chart of various other aspect of the above editions. Please refer here.
Additionally SQL Server 2012 licensing is also explained here.
Reference: Pinal Dave (http://blog.SQLAuthority.com)