I have great learning experience to write my article series on Extended Event. This was truly learning experience where I have learned way more than I would have learned otherwise. Besides my blog series there was excellent quality reference available on internet which one can use to learn this subject further.
Here is the list of resources (in no particular order):
- sys.dm_os_wait_stats (Book OnLine) – This is excellent beginning point and official documentations on the wait types description.
- SQL Server Best Practices Article by Tom Davidson – I think this document goes without saying the BEST reference available on this subject.
- Performance Tuning with Wait Statistics by Joe Sack – One of the best slide deck available on this subject. It covers many real world scenarios.
- Wait statistics, or please tell me where it hurts by Paul Randal – Notes from real world from SQL Server Skilled Master Paul Randal.
- The SQL Server Wait Type Repository… by Bob Ward – A thorough article on wait types and its resolution. A MUST read.
- Tracking Session and Statement Level Waits by by Jonathan Kehayias – A unique article on the subject where wait stats and extended events are together.
- Wait Stats Introductory References By Jimmy May – Excellent collection of the reference links.
- Great Resource On SQL Server Wait Types by Glenn Berry – A perfect DMV to find top wait stats.
- Performance Blog by Idera – In depth article on top of the wait statistics in community.
I have listed all the reference I have found in no particular order. If I have missed any good reference, please leave a comment and I will add the reference in the list.
Read all the post in the Wait Types and Queue series.
Reference: Pinal Dave (http://blog.SQLAuthority.com)