Service Pack 4 (SP4) for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 is now available for download. SQL Server 2005 service packs are cumulative, and this service pack upgrades all service levels of SQL Server 2005 with SP4.
- Resource Governor, a feature than you can use to manage SQL Server workload and system resource consumption
- PowerPivot, a managed self-service analysis solution that empowers end users to access, analyze and share data across the enterprise in an IT managed environment using Excel2010 and SharePoint Sever 2010
- Master Data Services (MDS) an ‘any domain’ hub that helps organizations standardize and streamline the business data used enterprise-wide.
- Application and Multi-server Management, better utilization of resources and SMP scale up with support for up to 256 logical processors
- Report Builder 3.0 with support for geospatial visualization,
- Compliance-ready security features like Transparent Data Encryption and SQL Server Auditing
- A savings of 50-60% on data storage with backup and data compression
- Policy-Based Management for server policy compliance and PowerShell support for automating administrative tasks
- Support for a more diverse set of applications with support for unstructured documents and file types and spatial data.
Let me know your thoughts about it.
Reference: Pinal Dave (http://blog.SQLAuthority.com)